Best Whole Foods for Skin Health
These days, cosmetic skin care procedures are growing more and more popular. Women often rely on medical procedures, like laser wrinkle removal, expensive facials, and other methods to enhance their skin health, not to mention the fact that they spend a ton of money on very expensive facial creams.
But, did you know that you can take of your skin by simply changing your diet?
Whole foods for instance, hold the key to long lasting skin health without the added costs of going under surgery or purchasing expensive creams and skin care products. The consumption of whole foods not only promotes skin health, but, also allows the body to receive nourishment in a natural way.
What Are Whole Foods And Why Are They Important?
Whole foods are those that are eaten in their natural state, and have not undergone any type of refining process. They are eaten in their natural state.
Fruits, whole grains, beans, seeds, protein prepared in a certain way and vegetables are all considered whole foods.
The consumption of these foods is quite important. Proper growth, healthy skin, enhanced overall health, and preventing diseases are among the many benefits that you could get out of whole foods.
Today, people consume so much processed food that many illnesses spawn from these poor lifestyle choices. In fact, the Centers For Disease Control report that diet is the main cause of preventative chronic diseases that cause early death.
Unlike refined and processed food, whole foods do not come with any adverse effects, but, only bring a variety of positive effects, such as, essential nutrients and natural energy. And those are the two things the body craves most.
Can Whole Foods Improve Skin Health?
The answer is a big, yes!
If you want to keep your skin looking vibrant, and deter the effects of aging, then consider adding these whole foods to your daily diet. These foods contain essential nutrients that keep the skin healthy, glowing and looking younger.
Best Whole Foods For Skin Health
- Blueberries – a daily dose of these tiny tasty treats will keep wrinkles away from your skin. Blueberries are exceptionally rich in antioxidants that rid the body of harmful toxins that cause rapid aging. Antioxidants are responsible for preventing cellular damage caused by free radicals. The fact that antioxidants come from whole food like, blueberries it is important to include them in your diet every day.
- Almonds – these nuts are rich in magnesium, almonds optimize blood flow to the skin. They are also a rich source of vitamin E, which is quite known for its anti-aging benefits. Almonds are also filled with antioxidants that complements the vitamin E, making the consumption of almonds twice as good for skin health.
- Kale – kale is a super food that has a plethora of health advantages, and if you wish to improve your skin health, then this is a must have diet addition. Kale is enriched with vitamin K which is responsible for the suppression of inflammation. Consuming Kale every day will keep your skin taught and tight.
- Avocado – who doesn’t love guacamole? Avocadoes contain a lot of healthy fat, including, Omega 6. These fatty acids are responsible for keeping the skin moisturized naturally. If you’re fond of eating avocadoes, you could skip those moisturizing creams because you simply won’t be needing them any time soon. Avocadoes also contain lecithin which keeps blood cholesterol levels down.
- Parsley – although parsley is mainly used to garnish dishes, there’s more to it than a nice meal addition. Parsley contains a combination of chlorophyll, vitamin A, and vitamin C, which heals the skin.
Our skin sheds dead skin cells daily, and when then body does not have enough nutrients to replenish new skin cells, it becomes dull looking and easily damaged. The nutrients found in parsley can aid the skin in its rejuvenation process making it easier for the skin to heal.
Also, if you wish to keep your skin healthy, drink plenty of water every day to improve hydration and keep it looking fresh, young and glowing.
Remember to add a variety of whole foods to your diet to keep your skin looking radiant and your overall health at its best.